Tuesday, July 10, 2007

21.5 miles in 60 hours

Well, I did somewhat of a track workout tonight. Did 15min for warmup and then 6x1 mile repeats. The odd ones were around a track and the even ones were around the trail. I did them in about 7:45 which is about half marathon pace for me which is what was on my workout. Then, did 10 minute cool down. This was about a total of 9 miles or so. I did 12.5 miles on Sunday so this was 21.5 miles in about 60 hours. How do I feel? I feel fantastic. Nothing hurts or aches really badly. Right now, I don't feel like I just ran 9 miles. My knees aren't aching at all. I think the strategy this year of ramping up very slowly is working great. My body is getting used to the increased load and I'm increasing it at a pace that my body can handle. It's working out for me and I'm happy about it.

New Balance mileage: 59 miles
Nike mileage: 68.5 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here