Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Hard ride with guys from work

Ok, they really aren't from work, but we used to be part of the same company. I rode during lunch today with some guys from AMD. They usually have group rides during lunch 3-4 days a week and today was the first time I rode with them. We left at 11:30. The pace at first was a little too slow for me. We also had a group of about 8 of us of differing abilities. Once we got out onto the open roads, it was 5 of us in the front group. Man, those guys made me work today. My problem is that I would get dropped on hills or right after I would pull. Not fun and my heart rate was nearly pegged. I had a total time of 1 hour 30 minutes on the road so I probably had about 1:20 of ride time.

I was going to point out about how rainy and cloudy it has been lately because I don't have the nice triathlete tan lines. You know what I'm talking about. The outline from the sleeveless jersey and the sharp lines from tri shorts on the legs. Well, I developed the sleeveless jersey tan lines today. I put sunscreen on my face and my tattoo but didn't put on the arms or legs. I usually get these tan lines in March or April if that's any indication of how it's been here lately.

1 comment:

Dances with Corgis said...

I have that tanline! I hate it! haha... especially on the legs.

Glad you had an awesome ride!

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here