Saturday, July 7, 2007

Horrible brick workout

Man, I just had an absolutely horrible brick workout today. Let's begin with the beginning first, though. I got up early to ride and as soon as I walked outside, I say some dark gray clouds to the south of my house. Unfortunately, that was the direction that I was planning on riding today. I went back inside and got on the trainer. Man, that's boring. After about 35 minutes, I couldn't stand it anymore. I looked outside and it looked pretty decent. Then, I checked the weather and there wasn't any rain to the west. Screw the training, I'm going outside! I went outside and rode for another 2 hours and 25 minutes. I did 2x30min at race pace with 15min easy in between. Nothing special there but I'm glad I rode because the sun starting coming out after the clouds cleared up. That was the nice part of my workout.

Now, the hellish brick run. I don't whether I was dehydrated, bonking, not use to the heat, not well rested, or whatever, but that run completely sucked. I couldn't breathe very well. My heart rate was sky high as well. I felt like I was running really easily but I would look down and my heart rate would be at 170bpm. What the hell? I ended up getting just over 4 miles in about 42 minutes so I was S-L-O-W. Hopefully, my long run tomorrow will be a lot better. I just can't figure out what happened to me. It definitely wasn't mental alone because my heart rate was so high. It had to be dehydration. I usually drink a liter of water in the morning before I work out, especially when it's hot, but I didn't do that today. I also lost 4 pounds of weight while I drank 4 liters during all of my workouts. It had to be dehydration, possibly with a bit of bonking.

New Balance mileage: 46.5 miles
Nike mileage: 59.5 miles

1 comment:

Dances with Corgis said...

Gah... trainer in the summer = the suck

Sorry you had a shit workout... I am sure you will perk back up. Sometimes they just suck. At least you finished!

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here