Friday, July 6, 2007

Rain sucks

Man, if you pitiful non-Texans, ;-), haven't been reading the news lately, Texas has been getting dumped on with rain. Seriously, we have more rain so far this year than all of last year and all of the year before that. It's good because I haven't had to water my grass so far. The bad thing is that I've had 2 workouts canceled this week because of the rain. And it's a crap shoot whenever I try to go for a long ride on the weekends. I'm taking Fiona, the Fuji beater bike, out for a ride on Saturday and I don't care if I get wet.

This morning was a swim of about 3300 yards. Not bad. Yesterday was a missed brick workout because of the rain. That's my update since Wednesday. I do wish my swim workouts started a little later in the morning. Right now, they start at 5:30 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and at 5:45 on Tuesday and Thursday. That's just really early to get up and if I want to get 8 hours of sleep the night before, I have to go to bed at around 8:30 which just seems lame. It's what I choose to do though.

I weighed in at 183.5 this morning. I seem to be in a pattern where I weigh 183.5 on Friday and then 186.5 on Monday for the last few weeks. I have to break that pattern. The good thing is that the bane of my existence is gone now. There was this lady at work who kept a candy jar full of chocolate, my weakness, about 9 feet from my cube. Now, she's left the company and her candy jar is gone, too. Woohoo! My goal is to be at 180 by the end of the month and I think I can do it.

Also, does anyone want to see anything else on my blog? Do you want to see more of a mental aspect of the struggles that I face sometimes? Do you want to see my thoughts on the triathlon community because I have a lot of thoughts about triathletes and the triathlon community that are positive and negative? I'm trying to see what people want to see because I don't mind sharing but I'm wondering how deep people want me to go.

3 comments:

-Brandon said...

I did a 'state of the sport' address a year or more ago. I touched on politics (USAT vs ITU vs WTC), bike shops, the changing attitude of triathlons from 1989 to present, and one or two other things.

I'd like to see something similar from a relative noob. As a suggestion, I wouldn't put names of athletes in there unless it's all good. I did compare bike shops and got a pretty good lashing by one poster who didn't put their name...but I have an idea or two who it was.

-Brandon said...

Oh yeah, if you start posting it, I'll probably reference it in my blog...and I'll probably add a link for you.

mcoker said...

It's your blog. I think you should post about whatever the hell you wanna.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here