Saturday, July 28, 2007

3 Hours

That's about the amount of time that I can ride my bike now before my legs get really tired. I'll get to that in a minute though. Thursday's time trial was canceled due to the rainy weather. It sucks but it happens. Friday morning was a swim and I made a conclusion. I'm just not enjoying swimming lately. I almost despise it, actually. I just get in the water and put one arm in the water. I don't have the passion for it that I used to. I just can't wait to get done. I don't feel like pushing myself as much as I used to. It's just annoying at this point. I'm not getting any faster. Maybe part of it is that I have to get up at 4:30 in the morning to swim and I'm doing good to get to bed by 10:00 the night before. Lately, I've been loving my sleep so when I'm not well rested, I'm grumpy. When I get up to swim at 4:30, I'm not well rested and I'm grumpy and I don't like being grumpy. What am I going to do about this? Hell if I know.

Saturday was actually on OK day. I rode 3:40 and the weather was pretty good. Started off somewhat cool and cloudy. Later on, the sun came out and of course, it rained a bit. Luckily, it just sprinkled about 5 minutes from the end of the ride. Like I said, it wasn't until about 3 hours into the ride where my legs starting hurting and I was getting a bit slower. This was my longest ride in a very long time. I was suppose to do some 45 minute intervals at race pace, but I just needed to see if I could do this long. From today's somewhat painful ride, I need to make sure I do the rest of the long rides until my HIM in October. I also did a 42 minute brick run after the bike ride. It was better than my usual horrible brick runs, but it still hurt. I would be going really slow trying to keep my heart rate down and my heart rate would stay 160+ and sometimes I would hit around 170 when I didn't feel like it should be that high. Also, I was completely burning up during the run. I had 4 bottles of fluid during the bike which is a lot lower than it should've been. I felt like I had enough calories in my though. I don't know what to do to get over this besides just keep training for it.

New Balance mileage: 80.5 miles
Nike mileage: 91.5 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here