Sunday, August 12, 2007

1 second!

This week has been a recovery week. I love recovery weeks. I can have somewhat of a normal life again. It's nice! After my Tuesday run, I swam on Wednesday. Nothing special. I moved up a lane and I was the slowest person in my lane which is expected. Nothing special from that night that I can remember. Thursday was my favorite workout. The 8 mile time trial around South Mopac. I just love TT'ing for some reason. Well, I know I love it because I'm good at it. I did the loop in 19:37 which is one second faster than my last time. 1 second! That's nearly insignificant but it's still an improvement. Also, the conditions were bad. It was about 95 degrees and somewhat windy. I still beat guys with disc wheels and aero helmets which makes me smile because I have a normal helmet and my training wheels. It's all about the engine, baby! My 19:37 time is an average speed of 24.4mph. I'll get sub 19min soon enough. Friday was a rest day and Saturday was suppose to be an easy ride of 90 minutes and then a 60 minute swim. However, I ended up doing a really easy 2.5 hour ride with Rachel so that was fine for me.

Well, that's it so far. I'm about to go on a recovery run in about 15 minutes and I'll write more later.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here