Sunday, August 26, 2007

Woah, this nutrition thing works!

I keep having crappy long workouts. I'm just zonked towards the end of every workout, especially on the brick runs. Well, not today! I went riding wit Colleen, Shellie, and Maggie. Maggie is a really good cyclist and she and I dropped the other two pretty quickly. Oh, we rode the exact course for the Longhorn Tri in October and I'll report on that later. We ended up riding for about 3:20 or so and got about 60 miles in. Then, I went and did a 30 minute brick workout. I was actually feeling pretty strong during the run and felt like I could keep going for awhile. Here's what happened. I really upped my nutrition this workout. During the ride, I had 3 bottles of Infinit which had about 300 calories each. I had 2 bottles of Gatorade with about 100 calories each. I also had two Rice Krispy treats with 100 calories each. That's 1300 calories over the course of 4 hours of exercise. That seems about right. I also had a 3 Nuun tablets and about 8 Thermolyte tablets so my electrolytes were up as well. During the workout, I had 5 bottles of fluid and peed only twice. That indicates to me that I still need to take in more fluids, but I'm happy to realize that my nutrition is pretty well dialed in now. Oh, the run. It was tough at first, but I eased into it and kept running almost the entire time. I felt fine, too.

New Balance run mileage: 130 miles
Nike mileage: 134 miles
Weekly run mileage: 28.5 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here