Sunday, August 12, 2007

Another naked run

I do these from time to time where I go out and run without an HRM or a watch on. Pretty much the only thing that I go by is distance. Today, it was 7 miles around Town Lake, I mean Lady Bird Lake. When I got out of the car at 9:45, it was already 91 degrees. I think not having an HRM was beneficial today because I would've been frustrated running at 9:30min/mile and having my heart rate at 160bpm. I just ran at what felt like a comfortable pace. It was getting tough after about Mile 5 but I kept it up. I tried working on my form a bit but I don't think it went that well. Also, it was 97 degrees when I finished running. It was hot today. Overall, the naked run felt pretty good and I probably need to do more of these runs without being constrained to a number on my wrist.

New Balance mileage: 99.5 miles
Nike mileage: 108 miles
Weekly run mileage: 13 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here