Saturday, August 25, 2007

My HRM strap is NAS-TAY!

I picked up my HRM strap this morning to put it on. It was about 3 feet from my nose and I could smell it. I put it all the way up to my nose and I nearly passed out. Man, that thing stinks! It's going in the dishwasher at some point by the end of the year!

After the horrible workouts last weekend from the heat, I decided to go ahead and get up early this weekend to workout when it was cooler. This morning, I was up at 5:30 and actually running by 6:45. Oh, my coach switched up the workouts this weekend and put the long run on Saturday and the long bike and brick on Sunday. I like this and wish he would do it more. I was on the trail by 6:45 like I said. Also, I was trying some different things today. I put bandaids on my nipples to prevent chafing. That worked and they stayed on the entire time. Awesome! I also put chamois butter in my shorts and that didn't work. My taint still got chafed. I need to try something else out and I think I'll pick up some actually running shorts and try them on a next run. The compression shorts that I used are the suspected culprit in my "down below" problems. Another good thing. I did 3 laps of the 4.5 mile loop at Lady Bird Johnson Lake. I came home and used MapMyRun to verify the distance. The 4.5 mile loop is actually 5 miles. Now, that makes a lot of sense and makes me happier because I then dropped 30 seconds/mile off of my time! I did 15 miles today in 2:09 and that put me at about an 8:36/mile pace. That's more like it! Now, running earlier in the morning is a lot better than running at noon. When I was off the trail, it was only 82 degrees or so. I don't think I ran faster, but I do think that I ran easier. It didn't seem as difficult to run. However, I did have trouble breathing the second half of the run. Hopefully, it'll be another week or so before my asthma medication kicks in and then I can breathe easier. Oh, my workout today was a 2-2:15 run with 3x15 min strong, 5 min easy in the second half. I did do the strong intervals, but I was really tired by the third. My legs just feel heavy when I run. I know that I have big legs and that's probably why, but this is just something that I noticed. I also have a nice big blister on the ball of my right big toe, too. It's in the usual spot.

After that, I went to Deep Eddy to do a recovery swim. Their lane lines were closed so I went to Barton Springs instead. I haven't been there in awhile. It was OK. The water was colder and more refreshing than Deep Eddy and that is good. I swam 3 laps and I was done. I was suppose to swim for 45 minutes which is about 4 laps, but I just cant' swim that long at Barton Springs. It's a mental. I went to ATC, got some tacos and Powerade, and I'm now at home chilling for the rest of the day. It's a great feeling to have all of your workouts done by 10am in the morning.

New Balance mileage: 130 miles
Nike mileage: 131 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here