Friday, August 24, 2007

Finally had a good swim

I actually had a pretty decent swim this morning and got in about 3600 yards. The beginning stuff was the usual drills and pull buoys and paddles. The last few sets were 12x100 all on a 1:50 interval. The first 4 were at 80%. The middle 4 were at 85%. The last 4 were at 90-95%. When I go fast, I go fast and don't really differentiate between 90% and 100%. I was really moving, for me, on the last 4 and the last one was actually a 1:26/100yds. Not bad doing that after swimming 3400 yards before that. It hurt like hell though, but it felt good to end a workout with a strong swim like that.

Yesterday was a 27min run during lunch. It was hot and I ran slow. After work was a 90 min spin with some faster, longer intervals. That hurt, but in a good way. I really can't wait to get back to shorter stuff next year so that I can work on increasing my lactic threshold and getting used to getting my heart rate high and keeping it there.

Wednesday was the core workout and a skipped swim workout. I decided to go home and try to get some rest because I was feeling worn down. I'm still feeling tired and I expect to be in bed by 9pm tonight. Luckily, next week is a recovery week so maybe I can sleep in a bit and get some chores done around the house. Oh, my weight this morning was 184.

New Balance mileage: 115 miles
Nike mileage: 131 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here