Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I forgot something

I forgot to post something about my Saturday workout. During that ride, my focus was to stay in the aero position. I have issues being in aero for that long and I really need to practice it. I always get lower back pain on my left side that I almost never get in training. Also, left hip flexor usually gets fried at about the same time. Well, of the 4 hour ride on Saturday, I spent about 3:15 in aero. It felt pretty good. Being in aero for that long is something that you have to get used to and I need to get used to it. During the ride, I could definitely feel a difference and it was good practice. Also, my back hurt a bit so that is kind of good that I can replicate that when training.

Now, for the rest of the week, I did the core workout on Monday. I'm not sore after it like I was last week. However, my left shoulder is jacked up. I'm working with Rachel to fix it up a bit, too. We'll see how that works out. I hate asking her questions about PT issues because she's not at work and she isn't getting paid for it. I also saw the doctor and got put back on an asthma medication so hopefully I'll be able to breathe easier in the next week or so. Breathing deeply while working out has been bothering me lately and I think it's because of a combination of the heat and I haven't been on asthma medication in over a month now. My Monday weigh in was actually on Tuesday morning and it was 187.5. That's a bad trend that's developing. I weighed in on Tuesday instead of Monday because I woke up at 7:04 on Monday, I had to be at work at 7:30, and it takes 20 minutes to get to work. Tuesday was a run workout with Texas Iron. It was only 90 degrees so it wasn't that hot. After this past weekend, I'm trying to avoid the heat more. I think it's a mental thing though. Anyways, after a 15min warmup, we did 10x400 steady, 200 easy. I ran with Richelle, Emily, and Allison. We maintained 1:45 for the 400's the entire time and it felt great to run that consistently. I probably could've done 1:40 but 1:45 is good enough because I still felt like I was working pretty hard to maintain them. It was a good workout and I'm happy with it. With the cooldown, the total workout was about 7.5 miles.

New Balance mileage: 112 miles
Nike mileage: 131 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here