Sunday, July 9, 2006

12.3 Miles

That's how far I ran today. I tried to take in nice and slow because I haven't done any distance since BSLT and I barely did any distance the couple of weeks before BSLT. Also, I had very dead legs from the ride yesterday. Like I said, I started off slow because my goal was to just make it through. It was tough immediately and it didn't get much better. I took in a couple of gels and some salt tablets. My iPod died at about Mile 4 or so. I was really, really thirsty the entire time and every water stop I took in 6 cups of water whereas most of the time I only take in 3 or so. I also rested a lot at these stops. I wasn't trying to simulate race conditions, but I was just trying to get through the workout today.

Afterwards, I went to Barton Springs, soaked my legs, swam 3 laps, and didn't see any boobies. Walking back to my car was very tough because my legs hurt so badly. Now I'm at home and I'm going to stretch out my legs and do some PT while I watch the World Cup.

1 comment:

Me said...

Man, my poor taint. After today's run, I noticed some chaffage in my crotch area. I was wearing my Sugoi tri shorts and the pad caused some raw skin issues down there. Ouch.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here