Sunday, July 23, 2006

4-Day Update

I weighed in at 179 the last few days. That's good, but I'm concerned. I'm begining to believe that this weight loss might be from overtraining and not healthy weight loss. The last week or so it's been somewhat tough to get motivated to train and that's one sign of overtraining. Rapid weight loss is another sign. We'll see but I'm feeling much more trim now, too.

Wednesday was a missed core workout. Work juts got in the way.

Thursday was suppose to be a LT bike workout with Texas Iron, but the sky opened up and drowned the earth on our warmup lap. No real workout for me, then. When it started to rain, I put my bike in my car and then left. I wished I stayed and played in the rain for a bit.

Friday was a rest day.

Saturday was a 60min swim and then a 90min bike ride. My swim was actually only 52:07 and in that time I swam 3000yds. The workout was 400yds warmup, 6x400yds, and then 200yds cooldown. The 6x400 intervals were brutal. I went from 6:14 on the first one down to 5:57 on the last one and that last one really hurt, too. I think each one was faster than the previous one, too.

After that was an easy 90min ride. It was fairly uneventful until I was heading back to ATC. I was hammering it, put my head down, looked up just in time to see something in the road which I hit. Blew the tire out immediately. I changed the tire and noticed a slit in the side of the tire. At this point, another cyclist came up and helped me out and his name was Jim. He gave me some tape to use as a boot. I pumped up the tire and the tube was sticking out. Then, I had to get in touch with my inner McGyver and find something on the road to use as a boot. I used some thin cardboard found on the side of the road. It worked and it got me back to ATC. I was quite surprised because I was able to get 2 fillups out of my CO2 cartridge.

Today, I did a 8.2 mile run around Town Lake. Total time was 69:30 which put me at a 8:29 pace. That's OK since it was an easy run, but I really feel like my running fitness has gone to shit lately and I'm not getting it back at all. Also, my foot started to bother me again as well. This is a very annoying injury.

Shoe Mileage: 28.5 Miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here