Saturday, July 8, 2006

You ain't experienced pain until you experience taint pain

I had a 3.5 hour ride to do today. I got a route from Mark and headed out at about 10 this morning. I got all the way to San Marcos before I had to turn around. I stopped at some light and when it turned green, I tried to take off. I attempted to put my right cleat into the pedal. Instead, it slipped and the entire weight of my body fell onto the nose of the saddle. It hit right in my taint and let me tell you that that doesn't feel good at all. My balls hurt, my dick hurt, and my asshole hurt all from one finely placed saddle nose. I tried to keep moving through the light, but the pain was way too much. I pulled over to some store to let the pain subside and I'm glad that I did. I was starting to see spots, I was getting lightheaded, and I felt like vomiting all at the same time. Not good at all. I got off my bike pretty quickly and laid down on the ground. After a couple of minutes, the pain in my kidneys, my crotch, and my stomach subsided. I don't think I did any major damage, so I gingerly got back on my bike and kept going.

Let me tell you that that saddle nose hit just the right spot to make all of my intimate areas hurt really, really badly. Not fun.

After that incident, I kept up the ride fine. I ended up doing 70 miles in a time of 3:37 for an average speed of 19.2mph. This has been my longest bike ride in a long, long time. Then, I stupidly tried to run off the bike after that. I was suppose to do 50 minutes, but I thought I would try 30 minutes around my neighborhood since this was a long ride and this was my toughest workout since Buffalo Springs. I'll just try to ease back into it. Well, the run was the most painful run that I've had in quite a long time. I walked about 10 times and took me about 35 minutes to do a loop that usually takes me 31 minutes. I just hurt and was worn out.

With all of this riding, I took in I think 9, maybe 10 or 11, bottles of fluid during the ride by filling up at gas stations. After the ride, I weighed 177.5 which is 3 lbs off of the 180.5 that I weighed this morning. That means I dropped a fucking shitload of fluid out there today through sweat. I didn't take in too many calories today; 2 bottles of InfinIT, 2 rice crispy treats, and 1 Gu. Ok, that's maybe 1000 calories so that isn't so bad. Towards the end of the ride, my legs were getting pretty tired. Ofcourse the run sucked and now that I'm sitting on my couch, I don't want to move at all. I'm completely wiped out right now. I'm not really sore, but just tired and struggling to keep my eyes open while I watch Stage 7 of Le Tour. Man, it's a shitty day for American riders.

It was good that I'm trashed today because it shows that I still have a ton of work to do before IMFL and this just gives me more motivation to do what I need to do to kick ass at IMFL. It's less than 4 months away!

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here