Saturday, July 15, 2006

I'm such a slacker

Today, I was suppose to do a 4 hr ride (70+ miles) and then a 50 min run afterwards. All I did was a very easy 56 miles at 16.2mph average. I rode with Meg and Logan and we didn't get started until 12:30. It was very, very hot. Also, the ball of my left foot is causing me trouble so I wanted to rest it again today before I put in 14 miles tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty bad about skipping the run though. Next week is a recovery weekend, the weekend after that is a hard weekend that I must complete everything, and then the weekend after that I'm in TN for my sister's wedding. I'm about 3.5 months out from IMFL so doing 70 mile rides and hour bricks afterwards may be a little too much. I'm also starting to feel slightly fatigued and overtrained so having an easier today isn't such a bad thing.

About my foot, I don't think the ball of my foot is bruised. I really think that there is something wrong with it. It even hurts when I'm cycling and it's been this way for over a week now. I'll see my PT next week and see if there is anything else that I can do. Other than that, I'm feeling pretty good. Not much is hurting on me. The back of my left knee/hamstring/gastroc issues have subsided a bit as well as my plantar fasciitis. I think the kinesiotape is a miracle tool for me. It just works and fixes things. I'll order some more soon.

Ok, time to weed eat the yard, run some errands, and then go drink a bit tonight.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here