Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Felt good today

Did a swim with Texas Iron this morning at Barton Springs. Nothing special but I had slight problems breathing today. I was a dumbass though and though Jamie meant laps instead of lengths. I almost did a little too much this morning.

The run this evening was great. Did a 15 minute warmup. Then, we did 2x1 mile, 1x0.5 mile twice. A total of about 1.5 mile warmup and then 5 miles for the main set, and then another mile cooldown for a total of 7.5 miles. Wow, now that I think about it, that's a decent run for tonight. Each mile was at about an 8:00/mile pace which what the workout called for tonight.

I've been having issues with the ball of my left foot hurting after a run. I talked to Geoff and Jamie and they said to get new shoes. Well, the problem is that I only put 150-200 miles on the Brooks Glycerin 4's before I start getting foot pain. I went to RunTex, Geoff was working today, and I ended up getting a pair of New Balance 1060's. I'm breaking them in now to see if they are any better than the Glycerin's.

Now, I'm about to shower and then go to bed. Hopefully, I'll take a nice huge dump in the morning. If not, I'm eating 3 bowls of All Bran tomorrow.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here