Monday, July 31, 2006

The Ride. From Hell.

Man, the ride on Saturday was a bitch. I went out drinking the night before, but I wasn't out that late or drank that much. I still woke up with a slight headache. I headed out and the headwind was a pain in the ass. It was completely unrelenting. I just went out and headed around down south. Other than the wind, the ride was fine. However, I headed back and caught a great tailwind. I crossed over east of I35 and kept riding. After a bit, I flatted. The boot that I used last weekend blew out. I ate a Gu and used the wrapper as a boot. It worked fine.

I kept going and about 15 minutes later, I was heading down the road that I haven't ridden in months, but was great asphalt 6 months ago. It's a fast uphill, a left turn at the top of the hill, a fast downhill, and then a long right turn onto some more nice asphalt. I peaked the hill, turned left, and headed down the hill. I was going pretty fast and then I noticed something. There was a ravine in the middle of the road. Ok, it wasn't a ravine, but the asphalt washed out or something like that. So, here's what's going on through my mind. shitshitshitfucKfuCKfUCKFUCKKABLAAAAAAAMMMMMMwobblewobblewobblewobble I tried to jump the ravine Evil Canevil style and I got the first tire over it, but the back tire hit pretty hard. I thought I jumped it perpendicularly, but I guess the side of my rim hid the ditch. My back wheel was wobbling and I pulled over to check it out. There was a decent dent in the rim and it was definitely wobbly. I'm surprised that I didn't blow out the tire because I hit teh pothole so fast. I adjusted my break and kept going. I wasn't going that fast and I decided to cut my ride short because I just was having problems.

I headed back on Slaughter and I was feeling better. I wanted to add a few more miles to get over 70 miles so I headed past Brodie and went to Mopac. I turned north on Mopac, hit something in the road, and flatted fucking again. This time, I put the old busted tube from the first flat in first. After I wasted half a CO2 cartridge on that, I got the right tube in and slowly got home. I was ready to get off the bike. No brick run because of my foot.

Sunday was an aquajog in Barton Springs. 1:40 of aquajogging is boring. Nothing special to write about there.

Today, I just spun for 1:10 easily with some faster work in there as well.

I posted on Slowtwitch about my training lately. I'm feeling overtrained or bored with my training. My mental motivation is just gone. I'm not looking forward to workouts and stuff like that. I got some great information there and I'm going to take 3 days off this weekend when I go to Tara's wedding. Hopefully this will help jump start me for IMFL.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here