Monday, June 19, 2006

181, kinda

Yesterday I weighed in at 180. Today was 181 and that was after me going out and having about 4 beers last night. So, I take this as a good sign that I'm actually starting to lose weight again. About damn time! I think I'm getting slightly more toned as well.

Today is suppose to be a rest day since Buffalo Springs is coming up next weekend, but I'm going to do the J&A core workout today. I think doing some strength training/core workouts like that really helps me out in the long run, especially when I'm trying to lose weight. It's weird, but that's what I did when I dropped 15+ lbs in 2 months in college. I did some cardio, watched what I was eating, and lifted weights a lot. Man, that was fun. I still can't believe that I weighed just 168 at that point. Hopefully I'll be able to get down there again. Right now, I'm looking forward to 179.

The beer last night was part of a fundraiser for the Breast Cancer Fund put on by the Austin LUNA Chix. It started at about 6, I showed up at 6:30, and I was home by 8:45. Man, I passed out on my couch at about 9:15. Four beers and I was gone for the night. I'm getting old or something.

4 comments:

mcoker said...

was that at advanced rehab? I saw a bunch of signed Luna stuff there last night.

You know, alcohol inhibits the release of chemicals in your body that tell it to retain water... which is why beer dehydrates you and you have to pee so much when you drink. So while you may be losing weight (I like that idea better), you may have just lost water weight. I noticed the same thing back when i was drinkin'

Me said...

Alcohol affects me weird. After I drink, I feel very dehydrated the next day, but my weight will be up anywhere from 1-5 pounds the next day. So, being up a pound at 181 from 180 the day before was a good sign because I was up only 1 pound. Seriously, I can have 1 beer the night before and weigh 2 pounds more the next morning. I've been tracking me weight very closely for about 4 years now and this is one of the trends that I've discovered. I'm expecting to be in at 180, maybe even 179.5 by Wednesday. Of course, I'll post it here when it happens.

mcoker said...

nice. do you also happen to eat more when you eat? I love nothing more than some fish 'n chips with my guiness :-)

Me said...

You mean do I eat more when I drink? Sometimes yes, but having an extra meal shouldn't add 3 pounds on me at once. Also, I've noticed that even if I don't eat extra crappy food when I drink, I still weigh more the next day.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here