Sunday, June 18, 2006

Weird

Ok, I swear today's workout was like a Seinfeld episode or something. Just a bunch of weird stuff happening.

First off, I pulled into Zilker Park at around 8:30 to try to get in there before I had to pay for parking. I told the parking attendant, some youngish girl, that I was going to Barton Springs. And she says "Wow, you have beautiful eyes!" and waved me on. I said "Thanks", smiled, and went on. That's a nice way to start my day.

I got in the water and aquajogged a lap. At this point, it was 9am so I got out and paid. When I got back in, I finished up 3 more laps of aquajogging. Damn, it's boring, but I think now that I can do 4 laps of aquajogging, I can do any mind numbingly boring task. It used to take me about 25 minutes to do a lap, and I can now do a lap in under 17 minutes. I'm not using my arms much at all either, I'm just using the running motions to propel myself through the water very, very slowly, but not as slowly as I used to.

Towards the end of my aquajogging, it happened. I've always heard about it, but I've never witnessed it with my own eyes. Topless girls. Yep, there were two girls swimming around Barton Springs topless. Now, they weren't that attractive, but it was cool more for the novelty of it. It was funny though because when I was doing a recovery swim, I was heading to the dam at the far end of the pool. I was heading into the shadows and I saw something right as I was grabbing for the pipes. I look left and it was Topless Girl #1. I look right and Topless Girl #2 was about 3 feet away. I apologized for almost crashing into the topless girls and I kept on swimming. It was funny because all of these old perverted men were trying to find anything to say to them.

I did my 4 laps and got out of the water. I'm freezing right now, but I'm drinking my vanilla yogurt, protein powder, lowfat chocolate milk, peanut butter, strawberry, and mixed berry smoothie right now which is also cooling me off.

At PT last week, Kathryn found that my left hamstring is still super tight. I'm going to take my TP ball and try to work on the hamstring about twice a day to get it to loosen up a bit. I'm going to do a full round of PT exercises as well. I need to stick with this PT a little bit better so that I can recover fully.

1 comment:

mcoker said...

niiiice!
Yeah usually the topless chicks I've seen at barton springs are all hippy - like, they have a beer gut, pit hair, dreads or something. Kinda saggy boobs, like they haven't worn a bra their entire life, etc etc... But yah, it's totally cool :-)

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here