Sunday, June 4, 2006

Weight Games & a bunch of other crap

Over the last couple of days, I've been playing some weight games. When I woke up yesterday, I weighed 182.5lbs. After my workout, I weighed 179, so I lost 3.5 lbs during the workout. This was after drinking 5 containers of fluids as well. Yeah, I really need to up my fluid intake. Today, I weighed in at 183.5. That was higher because I was hydrating last night with alcoholic beverages which tend to dehydrate me and make me retain water at the same time. It's weird, but that's why my weight was higher this morning. After my run this morning, I came back and weighed 179. Yep, I lost 4.5 pounds. It's interesting though.

My run today was fine for the first 2 laps. As soon as I hit the 3rd lap, it got painful. My legs were heavy. I felt like I could keep up a decent pace, but once I hit a hill, I would reduce to walking. I had Gu's this time so I think it was just the heat and the drinking last night. I had a ton of water at the water stops and I started my day out with some InfinIT. I planned on doing a full 3 4.1 mile loops, but on the 3rd loop, I stopped and talked with Betsy. She had bonked and I was having a painful run, so I stopped and walked with her. I ended up actually running about 11.5 miles.

Speaking of, my InfinIT came in yesterday. I have a formulation that I call "316cal/24oz". I can either put 2 scoops in one bottle and then take one plain water bottle with Nuun per hour, or I can put 1 scoop each in 2 bottles and use that per hour on the bike. Well, I got the stuff with minimal flavor and let me tell you, there sure is minimal flavor in it. My next formulation will have slightly more flavor because right now it tastes very bland and bitter almost. I'll be trying it out on the bike soon though. The formulation is thin which i good because it'll be a lot easier for me to take it down.

After my run, I soaked in the free part of Barton Springs and now it's been almost 2 hours since I got out of the water and I'm still shivering. There's something wrong with walking around your house with the temp set at 78 and your wearing a hooded sweatshirt and you're thinking about putting on more clothes to keep warm. That is partially because of my weight loss. I think I'm starting to see the outlines of some abs. Maybe. My weight is definitely declining, slowly though, and it'll be just a matter of time now. I will have washboard abs, damnit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here