Saturday, June 3, 2006

Bonk

This morning I did a 43 mile ride with Meggers, Logan, and Charles. It was a slower ride and I averaged only 17.1mph. We started after 9am so it wasn't until after noon that we were done. Then, we met back up at J&A's and left for a run. I peeled off after about 20 minutes because I only had to do a ~30 minute run while everyone else was doing 10+ miles. Man, I nearly bonked. All that I ate today was a PB&J sandwich for breakfast and then 3 bottles of about 175 calories in each bottle. I felt good at the start of the run, but by the end I felt horrible. I had no energy and it was tough to keep my legs moving. I was getting loopy mentally as well. I needed food and I went over to ATC and ate some pizza. They threw the tacos away! Of course, it was 2pm by this point so it's understandable. My lesson learned today is that I now know what'll happen when I don't take in enough calories while training.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here