Saturday, June 17, 2006

Rainy day turned sunny

Shit, I was in a foul mood this morning. I had been on Friday because I hadn't worked out since Wednesday night. Thursday was the date (no core workoutns involved) and 2 doctor appointments. Friday, I felt like crap in the morning, I sold my car, balanced my finances in Quicken, and went to bed. I wasn't feeling well and I decided I needed sleep more than a swim. I woke up this morning after about 10 hours of sleep to thunderstorms. Damnit, no taco ride then. I went and ran some errands instead. Later in the day, the sun came out and it was in the 80's. I went for a 2.5 ride and got in about 50 miles so I was averaging close to 20mph. That was with all the stopping and crap that I had to do as well. It was pretty damn windy today. Very swirly and just all over the place. I felt good the entire ride and went through 5 bottles of fluid on the ride. I only peed once, though. I seriously think I need 60oz of water per hour or something like that. I started off with 2 bottles of InfinIT IM formula which has 300 calories per bottle and 2 bottles of water with a single Nuun tablet. I also stopped at some bike shop on Bee Caves and filled up with plain water there. I felt fine the entire ride. I actually felt great when I was done. I could tell that I worked today, but not fatigued at all. I was suppose to do a 30min run afterwards, but my doctor doesn't want me running for a few days.

Oh, that reminds me, I saw the doc on Thursday about my wart. I wanted him to nuke it from orbit to get rid of it because it's screwing up my running gait. He said to lay off of the acid that I'm putting on it and lay off of running for a few days. The acid is creating fissures in the healthy skin around the wart and running is causing a callous to form on top of the wart. He'll take a look at it in 2 weeks and scrape off some of the skin to see how it looks. This sucker is huge and I can't wait to get rid of it. I have pictures of the original wart if anyone wants to see it.

2 comments:

mcoker said...

bastard! I wish I had waited until after the rain was done. It would have been nice to get another brick in in the heat. was the bike shop south west cycle sport or whatever? Near bee caves & 71? I always see that place but have never gone in it. If that's where you went, was it coooo?

Me said...

Yeah, the LBS was Southwest Cycle Sport. It's a decent shop. It's full of beautiful Bianchis. I don't know how that place stays in business because it isn't like ATC where there are people buzzing around and actually just hanging out there all day long. The shop is a very mixed price range in bikes. I'm sure there are $300 bikes in there and I think there are a few $4k Bianchis as well.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here