Tuesday, October 24, 2006

10 Days

Today is 10 days from when I toe the line at IMFL. When I wake up tomorrow, it'll be single digits. I should be excited, but not fully. I've come to the realization that one of my friends is very likely to bail on me for the trip and when I cross the finish line in 10 days, I'll have no one there supporting me. That's enough feeling sorry for myself and the story is a lot deeper than just a single sentence as well.

I cycled for 1.5 hours tonight on the spin bikes. Did 5x4min fast with 3min rest. I could only get my heart rate up to 158 or so. I just didn't have the mental sharpness today to push it over 160 and keep it there. Basically, I was being a pussy about it. Not cool.

It might have been because my legs were tired this morning from running 20 minutes. I felt fine, but there were some pains in my foot, but mostly in the 3rd toe area. They were minor, but it still hurt a bit. I'll have Rachel check me out on Thursday night. That's one of the perks of being an injury prone triathlete that's dating a physical therapist.

I was suppose to do a 30min swim yesterday. I worked late at work and didn't leave in time to get to Stacy and I didn't want to swim in Barton Springs. In the morning, I did some errands and took a broken toilet that's been sitting in my driveway for 6 weeks to the dump.

That's it for now.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

So sorry to hear about your friend! You'll have many of us there in spirit cheering you on!

That's funny- I went on a date with a PT on Sunday and now I have a whole routine to do to rehab my knee. Great perk!

Jodi

Me said...

Thanks. I've just been disappointed by a lot of people this year and this is just another instance of it.

Dating a PT is nice, but I'm trying to not rely on her too much. She's a great PT, but I already have a PT that I've been seeing for over a year now. Plus, I'm afraid that I'll be bugging her about work related stuff when she's not at work. We'll see though.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here