Thursday, October 26, 2006

No Swim, Swim, Run

Wednesday was suppose to be a swim, but the weather was crappy all day long. Yes, when I'm swimming, I'm wet so it doesn't matter that it's raining, but it's still tough getting out in that weather.

This morning was a 45min swim. Nothing special. Did 600 warmup, 2x100, 10x66 fast, and then 700 cooldown. What is that, like 2400yds or something? Close enough. There weren't many people at the pool so that's nice.

Tonight was a 30min run. I was driving to the workout, but traffic was fucking horrible. When I was 15 minutes late after being on the road for an hour and still being only half way to workout, I pulled over in a park, changed, and then ran. Did 30 minutes and it was very easy. Average heart rate was 132bpm; max was 148bpm. Very easy run and nothing hurt. The big run is on Sunday. That day, I'll be testing out my gear for the run for IMFL and see how I feel. I'll also be testing out my body for the run, too. I'll be wearing my new Desoto 4 pocket Power Tri shorts and the Texas Iron long sleeve Sugoi shirt. Well, that shirt may go in my special needs bag, but I'll probably be starting out with my blue TYR shirt that I love.

Well, it's time for bed. When I wake up, it'll be 7 days until I do the biggest race of my life. Also, I found a place in Austin to get my tattoo which will be something commemorating my Ironman achievement, but it won't be an MDot logo.

Shoe mileage: 55.5 miles.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

You have to post a picture of the tattoo when you get it!

I wanted to get the Desoto 4 pocket shorts, but it looks like they only come in men's sizes. I think the Men's small will be too big :(

Jodi

Me said...

A men's small will be too small? You need to stop trying to lose weight and get some more junk in your trunk, then. A men's small should be fine for you. How tall are you?

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here