Friday, October 13, 2006

Yes, a Friday workout!

Before my Friday workout, I ran on Thursday. It was another 1.5 miles. This time, I ran it at a blistering pace of 9:45 per mile with an average heart rate of 134. Man, that's smoking. Then, I did 30min on the elliptical and did an interval program. I'm so sick of Barton Springs and aquajogging that I only do it on the weekends now. The rest of the time, the elliptical will do. Oh, my run felt fine. No problems at all.

I worked out today. I usually don't work out on Fridays because I'm just really lazy on Fridays, I don't want to be at work, and all I want to do is go home and relax. I miss a lot of Friday workouts and if I don't do them in the morning, I probably won't do them. Today, I swam after work. I was suppose to do 75min but I did 60min instead. I also did something a little different. I did some drills. Yes, me, I did drills. Those are the things that I hate doing when swimming. I just like swimming, and then swimming faster. Drills suck, but I needed to mix things up. Here's my routine:

600 warmup
4x33 kick
4x33 alternating zipper drill and fingertip drill
4x33 10-3-10
2x33 paddles
2x33 DPS (distance per stroke)

The main set was this:

3x(200 slow, 200 medium, 200 fast)
200 cooldown w/ pull buoy

That's about 3133yds today. Not bad. I think it took a little over 60 minutes now that I think about it.

The weather was gorgeous today. Fall has finally arrived and it was a brisk 65 degrees this morning. Hey, stop laughing! That's a cool, crisp morning for Texas. Warmup up to about 85 today and partly cloudy. Oh, I forgot. I'm trying to savor the moment more often. People get too busy and live for tomorrow instead of today, but you aren't guaranteed that tomorrow will come. I'm guilty of this. I'm trying to stop each day for even just 30 seconds and just take it all in. I'm sitting here trying to remember the smell of the air the morning of my first triathlon. I'm 21 days away from the biggest accomplishment of my life and I'm worried that I won't remember the smell of the water and the feel of the crispness of the air on my skin when I look across the Gulf of Mexico with butterflies in my stomach a year after the race. I want to remember that moment of clarity for the rest of my life, but the day after my race, all that I'll be thinking about is my next race. And I'm not happy about that.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

There's a guy in my club that says he likes IM so much he tries to stay on the course as long as possible! ;)
But seriously, usually when I race I am focused on the finish. For IM I'm also going to try to soak up every second of it. You train for an entire year for just one day. Try to remember every little detail and write it down right away. The sights, the smells, the racers, the volunteers. And think of how fortunate you are to be able to be there.

Happy taper!

Jodi

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here