Sunday, October 1, 2006

4 Hours in Barton Springs

And I'm frozen solid. OK, I'm not really that bad. My day started off with a quick 3 hour aquajog at Barton Springs. I had Laurie's waterproof mp3 player which entertained my for quite awhile. Then, Laurie showed up and kept me company for the last lap and a half. Overall, I did about 3 hours which is 7 laps or so. One problem though. The aquajogger belt tends to flap back and forth on my back whenever I "step". Well, 3 hours of this wore a sore spot on my back in a couple of places and I was bleeding. Don't worry, I don't have The Herpes so I didn't spread much stuff into the water. It hurt though.

I went out to breakfast with Richelle, Spencer, Laurie and Laurie's husband, Matt. I was so cold that I downed 2 cups of coffee pretty quickly. I really need to stop drinking coffee. I came home and finished off the pizza from yesterday.

Then, I cried. I looked at my training schedule and it said that I had to do a 30min swim in cold water and then another 30min run. Well, I headed back to Barton Springs at around 6:30pm and got home at about 8pm. I'm cold, but dinner is almost ready. I'm having spaghetti; big surprise there.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh, man. I hope you took a very long hot shower after that workout. I hate being cold!

I finally cut the coffee habit this week. Wasn't as hard this time as my last attempt because I slowly tapered it out. I find I'm actually less tired during the day without the coffee. Weird!

Me said...

Yep. Having no stimulants at all really makes me feel more alert. If you depend on coffee, you end up going through this mood swings from caffeine all day long and it isn't fun. Up, down, up, down, etc. You become dependent upon other things outside of your own body and mind and I don't like being in that position. Good job on giving up coffee.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here