Monday, October 16, 2006

Super Swim

First, I weighed in at 179 this morning. I'm happy with that since I pigged out twice last week, I had a light training week, and I stayed the same weight. Today, I had some candy though. I don't feel bad about it because I needed a break in something.

Second, I bought something that will probably help out my athletic career immensely. I bought a rolling pin. I like using it to roll out sore spots in my quads and IT band. It's much better than using a foam roller because I can do it while sitting on the couch and I can control the pressure better.

Finally, I swam today. It was gorgeous. Here's what I did:

600 warmup
4x(33 kick, 33 10-3-10, 33 fingertip)
2x33 one arm drill
4x33 band drill (this one is tough)
3x33 paddles
200 pull buoy
10x100 fast w/ 40sec rest
200 cooldown

I had to circle swim for a bit. I almost quit because I hate circle swimming. It wouldn't be bad if there were 3 people in a lane all the same speed or close to it, but I had 2 people in my lane that were slow. Luckily, they were about the same speed so if I could pass one, I could pass the other easily. I need to start swimming more at lunch because it seems less crowded. I wanted to go at lunch but it was still pretty nasty out from the rain this morning, but it turned out to be gorgeous with a high around 84 degrees and sunny. Very awesome.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

High of 84? Stop rubbing it in! It's 40 and rainy here. Ugh. Good morning, trainer.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here