Thursday, October 19, 2006

I shaved my arms

I shaved my arms today. The reason for this is that I'm getting a sweat test done today. It'll measure my sweat loss and sodium loss rates. This will just in time for IMFL as well. I'm a heavy sweater and if I qualify for the study, I get $300 so I'm happy about that. Last time I was testing I lost 41oz of fluid and 1150mg of sodium per hour.

I don't know what it was but I was really happy to be alive this morning. I'm normally happy to be alive, but I just took a moment to soak it in today. I don't know what it was. Maybe it was the brisk fall morning that we had (brisk for Texas is 55 degrees) while walking into work with my headphones on listening to The Constantines. Just sharing that with everyone.

I swam during lunch yesterday. I can't remember what set I did but I did about 3000yds. I noticed that the pool clears out at around late lunch so it's better to show up then than at 11:30. After work, I did a hard bike set. It was a 65min workout on the spin bike. 15min warmup, then 15min, 10min, 5min strong with 5min EZ between each. Finally, 10min cooldown. On the 15min interval, I got my heart rate to around 160. On the 10min, about 165. At the end of the 5min interval, I hit 175bpm. Man, I really like spiking my heart rate and seeing if I can keep it there.

I'm a little sore this morning. I've been working on my legs with the rolling pin and I working out the sore spots. I think it flushed out the lactic acid from those spots into the rest of my legs. It hurts, but it's good for the long term.

15 days!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I had one of those "happy to be alive" mornings today. They usually happen to me during and after a great swim workout. And the weather is even crappy here!

Glad to see your spirits are high!

Jodi

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here