Tuesday, October 10, 2006

After work . . .

. . . I went to the gym. I changed my clothes and put on my iPod. The walk outside to the trail was quite nice. About 75 degrees. I smelled the rain on the ground since it has been raining all day. I looked up at the sky and watched the clouds. Does anyone actually look up at the sky and just watch the clouds anymore? "Whistle Song" by Kent was playing on my iPod. I took a step and then I started to run.

I only ran ~1.5 miles for 15 minutes. I didn't run fast at all. I only managed 9:50min/mile but my heart rate was really low at an average of 133bpm. That's enough though. I felt completely fine and that was really what counts. Right now I'm sitting at home after having some chicken and quinoa black bean salad. Nothing hurts. My foot is fine, my knees are fine, and my calves are fine. It's awesome. I'm so happy to run again.

Other than that, I was suppose to swim this morning. I basically got into my wetsuit, got into the water, peed in my wetsuit, and then got out. Ok, I actually swam 1 length at Barton Springs but it was lightning so the lifeguards kicked us out. Fine with me.

The gym bag surprise today was the deodorant leaking all over the place.

Another piece of advice for the newbies. Get used to your car smelling absolutely horrible.

Two more days before I can run again.

Shoe mileage: 44 miles

1 comment:

Jodi said...

It's so great to hear you are back on the pavement without pain! That's awesome!

Worst car smell for me: Riding in the rain for 5 hours, then leaving your wet stinky shoes and socks in the car during the following hot day. Eeeewwwwww!

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here