Sunday, May 21, 2006

Elevated Resting Heartrate: 59bpm

I measured my resting heart rate this morning since today was my day to sleep in and didn't have to wake up by an alarm. I've suspected that my resting heart rate has been elevated for some reason the last few weeks. At one point over a month ago, I was just sitting in the gym and I measured a heart rate of about 48bpm for a minute. I don't think I was even laying down, either; I was just sitting up. I mean, I've been training more and at harder intensities so it should go down.

Well, the last few weeks, that hasn't been the case. It seems like my resting heart rate has increased. The test this morning has confirmed it. I had a resting heart rate of 59bpm. I used to be around 52bpm about 6 months ago and I thought I had gotten down to around 48bpm about a month ago. So, what caused the 10bpm increase in about a month?

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here