Thursday, May 25, 2006

Today's Events

This morning was a bike ride on the trainer. 60min ride with 3x4 min fast and 2 min RI. It was fine. I felt like I was getting sick this morning, but after the bike ride I felt fine. I tried to get about 8.5 hours of sleep last night, but I kept waking up off and on about an hour before my alarm went off.

Tonight's workout was a run workout with Texas Iron. 15min warmup followed 4x800m at Barton Springs. This is known as the "gate to gate" workout. I only did 4 of them because I'm racing on Monday. My times were 2:32, 2:30, 2:45, and 2:38. Yeah, I went a little too hard the first couple and I was feeling it. After I finished the last interval, I felt like I couldn't even talk for about 3-4 minutes. The next part was 4-8 hill repeats but I skipped out on them. I was done after the intervals. Maybe I am getting sick. I did my cool down run of 10 minutes and then soaked in the water.

Now, I keep having this gastrointestinal problems. Basically, every afternoon I get some pretty bad gas. It starts at around 3pm and lasts until 6pm or so. It's almost every single day and I was feeling it on my run today. My stomach is all sloshy and I just have to fart constantly. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do about this? I've tried not eating and I get gas. I've tried eating and I get gas. Maybe it's because of my high fiber diet that is causing it or maybe I'm slightly lactose intolerant and all of the yogurt and milk and cereal I eat causes problems.

Any ideas?

1 comment:

mcoker said...

What stuff are you eating day to day?
It took me a while, but I found that my protein powder (the specific brand I use) gives me gas. I switched brands and no gas. I take ginger pills and it helps, but it doesn't go away. If you're slightly lactose intolerant, why don't you go with soy yogurt/milk? I know you're not a fan of the "ohhh soy is great, soy is good" thing. For what it's worth, a year ago I tried soy milk and nearly spit it out. Tasted like crap. I've drank like 5-6 glasses of milk a day since I was 3 or 4. So I was like "fuck a bunch of soy milk". I ended up trying it a few more times, and was able to tolerate it (they stock it at work). Now, I absolutely love the stuff. I don't even drink regular milk anymore - I wayyy prefer vanilla soy milk. It's sweet and gives stuff awesome flavor. And I tried a billion different types of yogurt... and Silk makes a soy yogurt (plain) that I honestly think is the best I've tried. You can only get it at whole foods though. It's just like anything else in life... I'm sure the first time you took a drag from a cigarette, you weren't like "mmmm.... this is tasty!!!" but you kept doing it for some other reason, and with time you really loved the taste. Well, if you're slightly lactose intolerant, a move to soy is probably a good idea. Jesus i've written a lot. Alternatively, you could get some of those "lactaid" pills or something. I have a friend that's in the same boat as you. He's jumped on the soy wagon, but sometimes we go out and they'll put cheese or somethign all over his food - he pops one of those pills and he's good to go. Then again, it could totally be something else in your diet....

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here