Saturday, May 20, 2006

I don't like peeing indoors

I'm so used to peeing outside, that I would much rather go behind a building or a bush to go pee than to go inside and use a toilet. Also, it saves water. Maybe I like marking my territory or maybe I just like having my penis outside in public.

I did the ATC taco ride today which was a total of about 47 miles. I averaged 18.8mph for a total ride time of about 2:30. Average heart rate was 146bpm. I got dropped almost immediately once the group turned rigth on Southwest Pkwy. Once my heart rate hit about 165bpm, I said that this is too much for me so I dropped off the ride and did my base ride. Problem was that my heart rate stayed elevated throughout the entire ride. My heart and lungs felt fine, but my heart rate was really high comparatively. I've been noticing a higher than usual heart rate recently. My resting heart rate and my working out heart rate seems higher than usual. I don't know what's going on, but it seems like something is off. Well, I kept riding and the hills hurt. I really feel slower on my tri bike than my road bike.

It was hot today so I was drinking a lot. At the beginning of the ride, I had 3 bottles. One was full of water, and the other 2 bottles had about 500 calories each made with 2 scoops of Carbo Pro, 2 scoops of powdered Gatorade, and then a packet of Clif Shots electrolyte thingy. I started off feeling full from breakfast, but by draining the first bottle in 45 minutes, I was feeling really full. I need to one of two things: 1) have a less concentrated mix and have all of my bottles with about 200 calories or 2) drink one bottle of about 350 calories and then a bottle of water with Nuun in it.

It wasn't that hot, but it was hot. As usual, towards the end of the ride, I felt a lot better than I did at the beginning of the ride. The hills on 360 were tough, but not that bad looking back at it. I did a 20 minute run off the bike. Once again, I had an elevated heart rate for my perceived effort, but not too badly. Towards the end of the 20 minute run, I was actually feeling pretty good.

I hung out at ATC for a bit, chatted with Mike, ate some breakfast tacos, and headed home. Now, I'm sitting on my couch after been home for nearly 3 hours and I'm still in my sweaty workout clothes. I'm also trying really, really hard to not fall asleep right now. I should get about 10 hours of sleep tonight which is well needed before a long run tomorrow.

Also, the kinesiotape on my calf is the best thing for my injuries than anything else that I've tried.

1 comment:

mcoker said...

go mow your yard!!!

it was nice chatting with you today. I can't stand peeing inside, either. 95% of the time it's in my back yard. My dog usually knows what I'm doing when I open the door and joins in on the fun, too.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here