Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Resting Heart Rate: High 40's

Holy shit, I've crossed a pretty big barrier. It isn't official yet, but I'm pretty sure that my resting heart rate is now in the mid to high 40's. I was at the gym tonight after work and I noticed that my heart rate was fairly low. Well, I've noticed this because I've stopped paying attention to my RHR over the last 2 months. I've been doing my training, but never measured my RHR. Well, I laid down on the floor and watched my heart rate before I got on the bike. It was pretty consistently at 48bpm for about a minute. Crap, that's pretty good! My goal is to get it in the 40-45 range so I'm almost there. I think it's a pretty cool bar trick to have someone measure your pulse and then compare it to there's.

After that, I rode about 75 minutes on the spin bike. I got some speed work in there and that hurt like hell at first, but felt good later. My knee was fairly OK. I'm so freaking tired that I'm going to bed now. Goodnight.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here