Saturday, May 13, 2006

First brick in 6 weeks

Today was my first brick in 6 weeks. I started out with the ATC Taco Ride. I did the 30 mile loop. I averaged about 19.6mph with an average heart rate of 147bpm. That isn't that, but I felt like my heart rate was higher than that the entire time. I went out strong and I was in the front of the group, but once we got on Southwest Parkway, I couldn't keep up because my heart rate was in the 165 range and this was suppose to be a base ride for me. I kept riding and I was definitely the last guy in the pack. I thought I'm a decent biker, but I just got my ass handed to me. My workload was 1836 which is roughly the number of calories that I burned.

Once I got back to the shop, I took about a 10 minute transition and then went on my run. I had an average heart rate of 162 which is well above what I'm used to running at that speed. I ran a total of 36:48. I don't know the exact distance, but it was from the ATC shop, up Lamar, then west on the Town Lake Trail to the RunTex water stop underneath the Mopac bridge and back. I'm guessing that I ran maybe 4-4.5 miles.

My knee was acting up at first, but right now it feels fine. I have an hour+ run tomorrow so we'll see how I feel then.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here