Thursday, May 18, 2006

My leg sucks

My leg still sucks. I now have plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, gastroc and popliteal inflammation, and anterior knee pain on the medial side of my knee cap. Yep, 4 different things wrong at once. I'm still working out though because resting really doesn't do much to helping it heal. As Geoff from TexasIron said, keep working out as long as it doesn't get worse.

So, my ill advised workouts today included a swim and a run. The swim was an easy 30 min recovery swim. I got in about 1600m in around 30 minutes so that's pretty good.

The Texas Iron workout tonight was a run workout. The goal of this was a lactic threshold workout. The first 15 minutes was a warmup and my knee was hurting pretty badly at first. Once I got more warmed up, it started feeling better. The second 15 minutes was a tempo run. I left in the 3rd group, but I ended up dropping them fairly quickly though. The run hurt and I kept my heart rate at about 175bpm. My legs felt fine, but the problem with me running that hard is that my lungs don't have it in them. Even though I ran harder, it didn't feel like I went that much faster. After that was a 1/3 mile loop that we ran 3 times. We were suppose to run it at 5k pace or faster. I ran it fairly fast and I was pushing myself, but once again, I didn't really feel like I was going faster. My heart rate was in the 175-180 range. I consistently ran these at 2:18 so that's good. By the end, I felt really good after the harder intervals. The first one hurt but the 3rd one felt pretty good. My knee also wasn't hurting as bad, but just slightly.

The entire run my stomach was bothering me. I just felt really gassy. I found a bathroom and expelled the excess gas which helped a lot, but about 5 minutes later my stomach wasn't feeling good again. It has been bothering me for a few days now.

1 comment:

mcoker said...

u need to perfect the art of the mid-stride fart :-)

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here